This the 1.7 version.
It is not a full
setup. You must first
install 1.6 then copy
this 1.7 version
on top of the old
1.6 exe file.
Make sure you do a
backup of your 1.6
projects before you
open them in 1.7.
There should not be
any problems, but hey
I'm a programmer
and we do bugs. :)
The Talisman Card Set Creator
When designing the cards for the Faerieland expansion I started out using Word
for storing the texts and PhotoShop for the creating of the cards. It worked but it
was a tideous process.
Then I discovered Duane Hauts Taliman Card Creator and designing cards become so wonderfully easy.
But after a while I discovered some more things I wanted a card editor to do so I had two options.
I could tell Duane and wait for him to implement them, if he liked them. Or I could
write my own program. The latter was faster so the Card Set Creator came about. And since
I hade such a good use for it myself I thought, why not release to the community.
The big difference between my program and Duane's is that his program is focused on creating
a single card at a time, although all kind of cards. My program is focused on designing a
whole set of cards at the same time, although only adventure-type cards, large cards and character cards, and then create all when the complete set is ready.
So please, download the software, install the program and tell me what you think of it. I'm afraid
there's really no help in the program and F1 only lists a few shortcuts but I'm working on an
online help for it. Until that's up you'll have to experiment with the program. But I think
it's fairly robust though. But mail me with critisism, both good and bad.
- Work with numerous cards at the same time
- Autonumbering of cards
- Set symbol
- Set default card background and type
- Resizeable picture width
- One-click creation of all cards
- Create HTML sheets for easy printing of cards
- Save to BMP, JPG or GIF (although the GIF is not good)
- Optional: Top text as one line only
- If bold text not used, it doesn't take up space.
- Save custom-sized card sheets
- Print card
- Click on picture then nudge position with arrow-keys
- Click on picture then change size with shift+arrow-keys
- + numerous bug changes
- Large cards can now be created.
- + some bugs cleared out
- Support for Character Creation added.
- Dialogbox for fontselection.
- Fixed missing file in setup.
- Bugfixes... :)
- A new way to create the card that speeds up the process.
- Got rid of the sheet creation. (Didn't work good with the new way to create cards.)
- Function to export all background cards.
- Added an 'artist' field to the main card.
- Eliminated a few minor bugs
- A way to change the path of all pictures in a set (forced by a myself after a harddisc change)
- Export whole set (text-only!!) to a textfile
- Killed some bugs (How many can there be??!?)
- You can now change fonts on every type of card.
- Minor odds & ends... :)